服务信息
楼主: paopao
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[会计税务] ☆Florian Partners 退税报税,会计帐务培训 悉尼,布里斯班,黄金海岸常年招生☆

[复制链接]
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-6-20 16:35:40 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-6-28 10:03:38 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi all,  
Hope you have all been enjoying your time with Florian so far.
I’ve got some really exciting news from two our trainees: Renee and Samantha. They both got the same role with the same company as Junior Accountants and they both will start this week. The company is using SAP system and they both will be trained up how to use it.
They provided very detailed feedback regarding their interview process. You all will soon receive the feedback from both of them. Prior to that, I would like to share some experience from my end as a referee.
They applied the roles with the company directly. There are 3 rounds interview: first two rounds face to face with different groups and the last round technical test.  
I was notified by Renee beforehand that I might need to do a reference check for her. Not long later, I receive a phone call from the company’s financial controller. Surprisingly, he also mentioned Samantha to me, who is also an intern from Florian. He also ask me whether I can vouch for Samantha as well. It was the first time that I had to do two reference check at the same time over the phone.
We had a chat over the phone for more than half an hour. The conversation covered the following areas:
•         What does Florian Accounting do? – As you all know, we are an accounting firm that provides accounting and taxation services to the general public;
•         What do interns do during the internship? – They handled Florian Accounting internal accounts and some external tax clients’ accounts;
•         The Financial Controller was well aware the internship program is an unpaid program, which explains perfectly why interns need to move on to a full time position from Florian;
•         How does Florian ensure the quality of interns’ work? – The internship tasks are all arranged by depth. The degree of difficulty is increasing gradually. When interns complete one task, the assistant accountant and accountant will check their work and give written feedback before they move on to the next task. By the end of the internship, interns will have very good knowledge how to perform to a high standard as an Assistant Accountant.
•         Both interns personality, punctuality, major strengths and weaknesses.
•         During the conversation, I also realised that there were around 200 applications were received by the company. After the two rounds interview, only a handful were shortlisted and two of them are from Florian. They had really outstanding performance in their technical tests. The financial controller even mentioned that our two interns even beat a lot of candidates with a number of years of experience in the test with only 3-6 months internship experience.
•         There is only one position available, who would I recommend? – This question was really tricky. As far as I understand, they are equally competent and it would be a pity to let any of them go. I did give a few examples of how impressive they both are during the internship.
•         Towards the end, the financial controller expressed how amazed he was with Florian interns technical skills. He believed this program is really beneficial for those candidates without sufficient local accounting experience.
This morning, I got the good news from Samantha - the company TOOK THEM BOTH ON BOARD! How exciting!
I also want to take this opportunity to thank both Renee and Samantha for showing the employer how competitive Florian interns can be. Also, it should help dismiss the concerns of some trainees that the work experience has to be over 2 years and has to be fully paid employment. Understand that it is not the nature of the experience that decides whether you can get the role or not, it is what you have done and what you can deliver that really counts.
You all will receive their feedback regarding what kind of behavioural and technical questions were asked during their interview.
Good luck everyone.
Keep the positive energy flowing.

Coco Hou CPA
Senior Accountant
Florian Accounting
www.floriancorp.com.au
(02) 8889 4111

Renee and Samantha both got the offer. Below is Samantha’s feedback on her interview process.

Sent: Thursday, 7 June 2012 10:50 PM
To: Coco Hou
Subject: 2nd round interview feedback

Dear Coco:

My 2nd round interview is mainly about MYOB test and accounting skill, there are three interviewers, two from acc team, one is managing director. the question they ask:

1. what's your daily routine?

2. please show me how to issue an invoice?

3. How to make purchase for stationary you bought from Officework, please also code this under right GL code

4. Please run A/R Aging report, once you got this report, what will you do?

5. If there is amount due over 90 days, what should you do?

6, If you have already chased up the overdue amount for many times, but they still not make payment to you, what will you do?

7. Then they pass me a paper, ask me to recognise it is a sales order or invoice?-------- it is sales order actually

8. Can you tell me is there any thing we need to pay attention on this sales order?-----------2 things I noticed, first one, this sales order bill to XXX (which is a distributor), but the end user is another company call XXenterprise, because they ask me who is the end user.
2ndly, the amount is in US dollar, not in australian dollar.

Then they start to ask me the job responsibilities I listed on the resume in Florian, especially for FAR, Accruals, prepayment., cost center analysis. Obviously, those two ladies from acc team don't know anything      g about FAR, Accrual, Prepayment, So they keep chanlleaging me
with a lot of questions, even i have already explained to them again and again. questions like why you need to do accrual, why you reverse that accrual journal entry etc... It seems like they still don't understand, probably because their role do not require those part. But I feel very awful at that time, because the managing director was there looking at three of us keep arguing... that is bad thing...i think..
anyway, i suggest that all the trainees should be fully prepared, then nobody can chanllege you...

Good Luck!

Samantha

Renee and Samantha both got the offer. Below is Renee’s feedback on her interview process.

Sent: Monday, 11 June 2012 9:03 PM
To: Coco Hou
Subject: the feedback after offer

Dear Coco,
How are you?
Thank you so much for the reference check. The amazing news is that the company provided Junior Accountant offer both to me and Samantha. This shows that although the competition of job hunting market is fierce, trainees from Florian Accounting are competitive. We will start SAP training for the next following two weeks and get involved in the financial year.

This company is a software wholesaler as well as service provider, and my position includes AP,AR and Bank Reconciliation. It also involves some sales support such as customer relationship maintenance and products quotation to customer.

There are infact three rounds of interviews for this position. I will list as follows:

The first round is actually a questionaire whenyou submit your resume.( This is quite smart because they are testing how much effort and your attitude toward this position, at the same time, it is a filter that brings the person they are looking for)
The questions are :    Describe a situation where you had to look for the underlying causes in order to solve a problem.
                                Describe a situation where the standard of work was not acceptable and you needed to act to improve it.
                                Describe the most complex accounting project that you have worked on. What was your role?
                                Describe the most complex budgeting process with which you’ve been involved
All these questions , you have to think really hard back to your experience and your attitude so that you are able to draw their attention.

The second round is the first interview with sales in charge and Managing Director respectively, which in total took me one and half hours.
They did not ask many professional questions but normal chat with your background and experiences.  They are quite interested in the sales job I did in China, and tried to persuade me to do the junior sales position. I did not say no directly,but I told them at this moment, I am focusing on the accounting career, and if I get the offer, in the future I do not mind doing any sales assistance for the company. They also asked some information about Florian Accounting, the company background, who are the customer and what I did in Florian Accounting.
There is one questions I hope guys will pay attention to,because I did not think my answer was quite persuading and I did not prepare such a question like that.
They asked me why I chose my accountin major, is that because of the immigration or it is because I really like accounting.  They asked that because they do not want to hire someone who gets the job, but fells bored soon. Therefore, the answers should be persuading, sincere, organised, and do not make the employer that you are not stable person.

The third round was technical test. Three persons interviewed me, two accountants and Managing Director. They asked me to finish some transactions in Myob and gave me one PO from their customer asking me to point out the features of that document.The whole process took also one and half hour.
The transactions are:
Entering a sales order
Transfer sales order to invoice.
Allocate the income
Run the bank reconciliation and what if the balance is not zero , what will you do?
Tell me how to do the FAR.
Tell me how to look at how much we owe our supplier.
If you receive one invoice from your supplier sayingi this invoice has been overdue for a long time, what will you do??
Have you done any debts chase?? What is the procedures?
How do you do P&L analysis??

They gave me an paper, which is actually from their customer. I replied with several points:
First of all, it is a purchase order other than invoice because there is only PO number without any invoice title.
Second, the company issuing this invoice is not the end user, actually they resells the software to another company.
Third, there is no GST on this PO. When they asked me why I did not asnwer it well. Because the currency is USD, it is actually an export to America, so there is no currency. (  Please pay attention to all the details!!!!!!!)

From all the questions above, it is obvious that most of them are covered by our training, so take note and getting practice in every details are so important,because you never know where you are going to be tested. I really appreciatd the training because it provides me with the proper procedures in dealing with the situations, and I am able to see the big picture of how a company is running.

I have been applied for accountin positions for almost three months, and I took record of every application I sent. For several weeks, no responses at all, and it was a really frustrated period. I consulted some of my friends, edited my cover letter and resumes as they suggest, and I started to receive feedback again. Meanwhile, I try to practice Myob transactions every day, and make myself in the accounting mood.

I fully understand that keeping applying job for long period is really hard,and somtimes I feel lost, and do not know what to do. However, there is no other options but insistance, practising and improving yourself during every feedback every interview you have.

Thank you again for all the help Florian Accountin has given me, and wish everyone good luck.

Yours sincerely,
Renee Cao

楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-7-1 12:07:40 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖

We have answered some interview and internship related questions on our blog. They cover the below topic:
•        How to show your interest in different accounting areas in the interview;
•        Accounts Payable reconciliation related procedures
It will be really beneficial for you. If you are having the same queries in those areas, please feel free to have a look at the website.
www.florianaccounting.blog.com
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-7-5 12:18:01 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Dear Coco,

First of all I would like to thank you for your kindness and for doing the reference check for me so that I can secure this role. I would like to thank Kydie as well for her help during the internship. I have been through two interviews which I would like to share with everyone.

The first one is also the one I got offered is Accounts Manager which is basically doing everything in Accounts. I have been through three interviews and a trial before them giving me this offer.

The first interview was a phone interview by the HR manager. Questions she asked were as follows:

1.    Have u experience any other accounting software? How about SAIG (which is commonly used in London)?

2.    What is your career goal? ( I told her that I would like to become a qualified CPA)

3.    Do you have any sales experience?

4.    The job also includes PA to the owner, ordering meals, booking for flight ticket, so do you think you can handle them as well?

5.    Have u ever experience in any foreign currency transactions?

Then she asked me for reference check, which was a bit strange procedure.

I find follow up is very important as in this job hunting experience I almost followed up every step.
So one week after the phone interview and reference check, I called the HR again and got a face to face interview.
Questions involved in the face to face interview were:

1.    Tell me about yourself?

2.    In this role, it would be only you as an accounting person, how would you do if something is new to you?

3.    If we have the cashflow problem, which we couldn’t get enough cashflow for this week, however,
we have a bill due this week and the supplier was asking for the money, how would you do?

4.    How far are you away from becoming a CPA?

5.    Any questions you want to ask me?
(I asked a few accounting related questions which she was not quite sure about the answers, but she said I could ask the accountant next time.)

One week after, I called her and followed up again, then she arranged the final interview with the owner and the accountant.
The last interview went on very smooth, I asked the accountant a few accounting and work related questions before I met the owner.
Then the owner and I discussed a few marketing and international business issues which I had exposed to during my bachelor degree studies.

The second interview was Assistant Accountant position in a Charity association and I was interviewed by the Financial Director, and HR manager.
I didn’t make it successfully, however the feedback they gave me was very helpful.
They praised my resume, my interview performances and my personality;
however, as my lack of experience was a vital drawback for that position, they ended up with selecting someone else with more experience.

They had this 3-page questions list to ask during the interview.

1.    Run me through your resume. (This is similar to the question like: tell me about yourself.)

2.    What financial functions have you done during your FA experience?
(I told them I do AP/AR on daily basis, monthly Credit card and bank reconciliation, month end preparation: FAR, Prepayment, Accruals/ BAS.
Also exposed to Cost centre and P&L analysis)

3.    Have you experienced in GL Reconciliation? How far have you been exposed to GL reconciliation?
(FAR, Prepayment, Bank reconciliations, and credit card.)

4.    What do you know about GST?
(I told them in FA we deal with GST, FRE, N-T, and INP transactions. I also told them how to calculate the GST and PAYG on BAS.
This question was out of my expectation so didn’t answer well).

5.    How do you get the data for your BAS lodgment?
(GST Summary report in MYOB and Payroll summary report from MYOB.)

6.    What are the things that you like most and dislike most in your current job?

7.    What would you do if your colleagues’ mistake has impact on your work?

8.    What is your work ethic? Do you talk a lot?

9.    What would you do if your colleagues become cranky?

10. How would you make sure the financial data you are provided with are reliable?

11. What values you can bring to our organization?

12. What is your salary expectation?

I would like to encourage everyone who is still struggling looking for a job to do follow-ups because it shows how passionate you are about the job and make sure you fully understand the job descriptions before you go to an interview.
Try to sell the strengths that are matching the job description.

Finally, best of luck for everyone!

Kaily
Danielxu 发表于 2012-7-8 22:58:46 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
VodafoneMos 发表于 2012-7-8 23:40:47 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Looks good, keep up with the good work guys =D
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-7-13 09:28:28 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Dear everyone,

Please join me in congratulating Yu-Yu’s new position as finance assistant with a hotel in Brisbane!  Yu-Yu has been with us for only one month and he already got a role in Accounting field! It is really kind of him to provide the interview questions and also this company is using a different accounting software called “Sun System”. For those trainees who interested in this system you can do some search online. Yu-yu is still holding a temporary visa at the moment. If you are not a permanent resident of Australia, please remember that it doesn’t means you can never get a proper position in Australia. We have quite a lot of examples secure a position without permanent residency.

In the meanwhile, if you have any question regarding interview or any accounting, please feel free to post your question on our blog:  http://florianaccounting.blogspot.com.au/
We will get back to you as soon as we can.

Kind Regards,

Selina Feng                        
Accountant

Florian Accounting
www.floriancorp.com.au (Training) www.florianaccounting.com.au (Accounting Services)
Brisbane Office: Suite 2, Level 6, 138 Albert St, Brisbane City, QLD, 4000 Tel: 0430 827 666
Sydney Office: Suite 335, 410 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010 Tel: 02 8889 4111, 0412 624 948

Sent: Friday, 6 July 2012 11:46 AM
To: selina
Subject: Interview feedback

Hi, Selina

I have received their call just know. They decide to offer me the finance assistant role.

Thank you so much

Please have a look the interview feedback as below:

The interview took about 30-40 minutes; there were a finance controller, an assistant accountant and HR officer. The process was really relaxed. The company is using SUN System; I did some research before I went to the interview.
Lots of behaviour questions and less technical questions during the interview, but I had answered all the behaviour questions and tried to relate all questions to my past working experiences.

The list below is what questions I had during the interview
1.       Can you please tell us about yourself?  
2.       Why did you leave your last position?
3.       Why did you want to apply for this position?
4.       Are you a team player
5.       Tell me about a problem you had with a supervisor
6.       Tell me about your ability to work under pressure
7.       How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience
8.       How do you react when you realize that you have made a mistake
9.       Where do you see yourself 5 years from now
10.   Where do you see yourself in the long term
11.   Describe a difficult problem you had to sort out in your last job
12.   What do you know about Our Company?
13.   Do you have any questions for me
14.   What challenges are you looking for in this position?
15.   What is GST
16.   What is liabilities / account payable
17.   What is three way matching of invoice?
18.   What items of information do you need before you can approve an invoice for payment?
19.   Tell us about your experience in accounts payable.
22Why do you think you would do well at this job?
--
Regards,

Yu-Yu Chen

Bachelor of Commence, Major in Accounting and Finance

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-7-13 09:28:52 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
VodafoneMos 发表于 2012-7-8 23:40
Looks good, keep up with the good work guys =D

谢谢帮顶!
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-7-27 15:58:39 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Dear everyone,

Please join me in congratulating Sarah’s new position in a chartered Accounting firm!  It is really kind of her to provide the interview questions and also her answer to those question. She put them in a document but I just attached it at the end of this email for everyone. The whole interview goes for 30mins and most of the questions are behaviour questions. Please read her interview feedback as it is really detailed and can definitely help you in your job seeking in the future!

In the meanwhile, if you have any question regarding interview or any accounting, please feel free to post your question on our blog:  http://florianaccounting.blogspot.com.au/
We will get back to you as soon as we can.

Kind Regards,

Selina Feng                        
Accountant

Florian Accounting
www.floriancorp.com.au (Training) www.florianaccounting.com.au (Accounting Services)
Brisbane Office: Suite 2, Level 6, 138 Albert St, Brisbane City, QLD, 4000 Tel: 0430 827 666
Sydney Office: Suite 335, 410 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010 Tel: 02 8889 4111, 0412 624 948

Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2012 10:07 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Reference Check- Chartered Accountant-Sarah Zhang

Hi Selina,

The attachment is my resume and the interview questions they asked me and my answer.

Thank you very much for all the help.

Sarah

Interviewer: Ms. K M (partner of  the company)
Interview time: 9:30 @ 06/07/2012 for 30 mins
Interview questions:
1.        Please introduce yourself.
I come from China four years ago, and for the first two years, I was studying in the University of Queensland, and my major was Master of Commerce in Professional Accounting and Applied Finance. After graduated from UQ, I took half year back to China to meet my parents and travel. And since Dec 2010, I worked with an agent and got a chance to have an internship in Hilton Surfers Paradise for half a year. And from June 2011, I joined Florian Accounting as a part-time trainee assistant accountant.
2.        What is your weakness?
I would say that when I come across a problem that I don’t understand, I tend to spend a little bit more time to work it out by myself first. If I really can’t figure out, I will ask for someone’s help. Although I haven’t missed a deadline, it is still an effort for me to work and know when to move on.
3.        What does Florian Accounting do?
Florian Accounting is a franchisee of Aussie Tax Time, and provides accounting services to general public. The head office is in Sydney, and there is a branch in Brisbane.
4.        What do you do in Florian Accounting?
I started from AP/AR, and now currently I am doing month end process for the Florian Corporation, such as FAR, prepayment, accruals, and assisting the accountant to do P&L analysis.
5.        Why do you want to leave Florian Accounting?
I am currently doing month end process for Florian Corporation. But I want to access more to the client and deal with government agencies. Also I am doing part-time at this moment, and I think I am ready to look for a full time position.
6.        Do you have experience of customer service?
Yes, I do. When I was study in UQ, I was a receptionist in a busy massage shop located in the city shopping mall. My main responsibilities were greeting the customers, talking with the customers to understand their major problems, preparing the roasters of the masseuses, dealing with customer complains, and co-ordination.
7.        Who do you report to?
I report to the accountant in Brisbane branch, and also the senior accountant and partner in Sydney.
8.        If I do a reference check with Selina, how would she say about you?
I think she would say that I am a hard and careful worker, pay attention to detail, and have strong time management skills. I also have the enthusiasm to accounting and will do whatever it takes to achieve success.
9.        How is Selina?
She is someone who I can communicate well and learn a lot of things from. It is a close-neat team in Brisbane office, including one branch manager, and two part-timers. And we are all very good friends. Sometimes we have lunch together, and even a movie.
10.        What did Selina teach you?
She told me a lot of things, for example always pay attention to details. So now when I do the data entry, I always double check and set a checking point to make sure what I did was right. For example, when I update the FAR, I will make sure the opening balances in MYOB and Excel are match. And after I update the data, I will check the closing balance again. And she also told me to put everything on paper to protect yourself. She is a good teacher.
11.        What is your biggest achievement?
When I was study in UQ, I was admitted to Dean’s Honor Roll for outstanding academic performance. To achieve this, I had to have an average GPA above 6 for each semester. My challenge was: for the whole month of May in the last semester, I had three goals to achieve: pass my mid-term exams, pass my English test for immigration and my part-time job. It was a very intensive month with a lot of pressure. I had to study until very late after my part-time job, and woke up early to study a little bit before my classes or part-time job. But I actually can do better under pressure. I passed my mid-term exams and the English test in that month. And I got my permanent residency after graduation straight away. Most of my classmates were waiting until the graduation and started to study for the English test, and they normally got the permanent residency half year later than me.
12.        What do you normally like to do?
I like karaoke, which is a good chance to catch up with friends. And I also like to see movies and work out a little bit at the gym.
13.        Do you have any other questions?
What is the difference between me and your ideal candidates?
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-8-17 09:32:14 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
We have answered some interview and internship related questions on our blog. They cover the below topic:
•        How to show your interest in different accounting areas in the interview;
•        Accounts Payable reconciliation related procedures
It will be really beneficial for you. If you are having the same queries in those areas, please feel free to have a look at the website.
www.florianaccounting.blog.com

免费顶贴24小时

扫描左侧二维码

回复置顶码: 221348

〓 房产买卖平台 〓
〓 整租租房平台 〓
〓 生意买卖平台 〓

Copyright @ 2019 BrisbaneBBS.com. All rights reserved. User Agreement

分享本页

客服号

公众号