中士

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
paopao 发表于 2012-12-10 15:07:51 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
589 1

本内容为网友发布信息,仅代表原作者观点,不代表本平台立场。

Hi
I came here in Australia in April 2011 as a permanent resident.
I had work experiences in banking (customer services & Treasury) about 6 years
in overseas. I have bachelor degree in computer science and master’s degree in
business administration (major in finance & accounting) which is equivalent
to Australian bachelor of accounting. My both degree is equivalent to Australian
bachelor degree. And I have completed Advance diploma in banking service
management and continuing Advance diploma of accounting which will be complete
by next semester 2013 July from TAFE.  
I have applied many jobs in accounting and banking field but do not get response.
I am frustrated over this. Can you please help me to find job? For which kind
of job I will apply? Can you please suggest?
I am thinking of doing CPA after finishing my accounting diploma. Do not know
whether it will be fruitful for finding job or nothing. I am really in very bad
condition. Please help me.
Thanks
AD

OZYOYO提醒: 请避免提前支付订金、押金等任何费用,请与对方当面沟通,确认资质并看清条款。谨防上当受骗。

免责声明: 本网站所提供的信息,只供参考之用。本网站不保证信息的准确性、有效性、及时性和完整性。本网站及其雇员一概毋须以任何方式就任何信息传递或传送的失误、不准确或错误,对用户或任何其他人士负任何直接或间接责任。在法律允许的范围内,本网站在此声明,不承担用户或任何人士就使用或未能使用本网站所提供的信息或任何链接所引致的任何直接、间接、附带、从属、特殊、惩罚性或惩戒性的损害赔偿。

收藏收藏
沙发
 楼主| paopao 发表于 2012-12-10 15:08:08 转发到朋友圈 申请置顶 删帖
Hi AD

The job hunting process can be a major challenge, especially in landing your first ever professional role.

Employers dont want to hire people without experience. There are graduate programs, but that is for the top 1-2% of graduates. Its all a Catch-22 initially.

From your description, the worst part of the process is that you dont get calls. You need to keep your spirits up, even as time goes by and you havent acheived some of your major life goals.

AD, I believe the number 1 reason you are not getting any calls is your resume. I see many resumes across my desk for graduates. To be honest, the majority are quite poor quality and there is little that would make someone take action and call them. You can pay for formatting by a professional. Thats fine, but be careful of costs.

The positioning of the resume is also very important. A lot of them are too long. Less is more. Put your most important aspects up front. etc. Also, not sure what your first name is, but anglicised names will tend to do better with employers.

Ideally there is some link with professional experience. At Florian Accounting, we offer training and internship programs for accounting. We have helped many people and the best early indicator for them is that they start receiving phone calls.

And trust me, phone calls are very important. Why? 1st, your spirits improve as you begin to realise your demand. 2nd and most important, once you get to interview stages, you will be regularly practicing and getting better at interviews until you finally land your first professional role.

In terms of jobs, the main ones for you would be graduate or entry level bookkeeper, AP or AR officer, or assistant accountant. If you are still stuck, get an adminstrator or other office job as a starting point, then transition to professional accounting.

As for your question on starting CPA studies. My position on this is to begin it.

Best of luck

Coco

Florian Accounting
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表招工【布里斯班】 发表招工【黄金海岸】
〓 房产买卖平台 〓
〓 整租租房平台 〓
〓 生意买卖平台 〓

Copyright @ 2019 BrisbaneBBS.com. All rights reserved. User Agreement

分享本页

客服号